- Ethical requirements in the management of the goods of the Church. «Usefully set aside» for the purposes of the Church (can. 1284 § 2, 6).
- The management of Church real estate. Resource or ballast?
- Budgeting and resource management
- Participation of the faithful in management of temporal goods of the Church
- 'Accountability to the faithfull (can. 1287 § 2)'. Key for stewardship.
- Interdisciplinary Forum on Stewardship
Ethical requirements in the management of the goods of the Church. «Usefully set aside» for the purposes of the Church (can. 1284 § 2, 6).
The Code of Canon Law establishes in c. 1284 that the administrator must "fulfill their function with the diligence of a good householder". As a concret example of this duty, it is part of its mission "with the consent of the ordinary, invest the money which is left over after expenses and can be usefully set aside for the purposes of the juridic person" (can. 1284 § 2, 6).
Ethics, investments, profitability, sustainability ... Are ethical and successful investments compatible? These are some of the issues will be addressed during next CASE Group Day. Pope Francis exhorted a few months ago to "remedy the error of contemporary culture that has led us to believe that a democratic society can progress by separating the code of efficiency - which alone would be sufficient to regulate relations between human beings in the Economic sphere - and the code of solidarity - which would regulate interrelations within the social sphere". This task requires creativity, professionalism and integrity. The CASE Group offers a new interdisciplinary opportunity to enter the complex world of financial investment.