- Responsible management of Church temporal goods. Accountability/Compliance/Auditing
- Ethical requirements in the management of the goods of the Church. «Usefully set aside» for the purposes of the Church (can. 1284 § 2, 6).
- The management of Church real estate. Resource or ballast?
- Budgeting and resource management
- Participation of the faithful in management of temporal goods of the Church
- 'Accountability to the faithfull (can. 1287 § 2)'. Key for stewardship.
- Interdisciplinary Forum on Stewardship
Participation of the faithful in management of temporal goods of the Church
The third meeting of the CASE Group took place at the
Some of the interventions underlined the importance of not reducing the participation of the faithful, especially of laypeople this included their partecipation, in the economic collaboration, intervention in the Councils on economic affairs, or in the commissions responsible for promoting the sustenance of the Church. An in-depth and realistic understanding of its mission may foster a more active participation in the new evangelization. This task is carried out and becomes concrete and visible in the specific circumstances of each believer, in the midst of their daily tasks, thus reaching all areas of society.
The meeting counted on interventions of seven experts in the matter. Professor Paolo Asolan, from the Pontificia Università Lateranense spoke about ‘’Corresponsabilità e partecipazione dei fedeli al munus regendi Christi’’. On his part, Professor Fernando Puig reflected upon the “collegial” style of the ecclesiastic government as a possible instrument to achieve greater involvement of all the faithful in the mission of the Church . Professor Jean-Pierre Schouppe spoke on the fundamental rights of the faithful related to this participation.
Four experts took part in the more practical reflection group. Professor Cristian Mendoza showed some "best practices" from different North-American dioceses in terms of communication and participation. On his part, Dr. Matteo Calabresi, from the Servizio per la promozione
The reflections from this day have represented a starting point for the future research of the group experts and they focused on the wide range of possibilities of stewardship claimed by the mission of the faithful, especially of the laypeople. In this sense, some experiences were highlighted about the governing method and about transparency, which effectively help towards the Christian maturity of the lay vocation in the Church.